How We Got Here
FLR Spectron is a business services company with its origins in telecommunications, whether fixed line or mobile services. FLR Spectron grew and established itself as a leading provider of B2B services while recognising that the business needed to broaden its service offering beyond just telecommunications.
We started an IT solution through acquisition, later moved into CCTV and monitoring through another addition and now operate one of the top 5 ARC facilities in the UK. Later on, we acquired a refrigeration services company that installs and maintains air conditioning and refrigeration solutions for the business and residential areas. More recently, we incorporated our Interiors division, dedicated to space planning and design.
• Scott-Wilds & Associates begin trading, owned by Peter Scott-Wilds.
• Spectron Communications begin trading, owned by Jerry Watts.
• Robert Fee works as a Senior Bench Engineer at Securicor Communications.
• Scott-Wilds, Fee & Associates is founded by Peter and Robert.
• Michelle Williams is the first employee joining as Office Manager. We then open our first office in Vauxhall.
• SWF enter into an exciting new venture supplying rental mobile phones to travellers on the new Channel Tunnel. Eurotalk is born with shops at either end of the tunnel.
• Scott-Wilds Fee and Associates rebranded to Freelinerental.com Ltd.
• Newly re-named Freelinerental.com Ltd acquire mobile dealership Comtel Communications in Clerkenwell, London. Pino Valenza comes on board as Sales Director.
• As the company grows we relocate to bigger offices in Berwick House, Orpington, Kent.
• FreelineRental.com and Spectron Communications join forces to create FLR Spectron Limited. Bringing mobile and fixed line services under one roof giving us a strong telecoms offering.
• FLR Spectron Ltd become members of The South East London Chamber of Commerce and Bromley Education Business Partnership.
• We purchase new premises in Orpington Trade Centre and move in on Christmas Eve.
• We enter into a 10-year relationship acquiring a VIP suite in the new O2 Arena.
• Sidcup based Sterling Communications is acquired to strengthen our mobile offering.
• Spicerhaart, one of the leading Estate Agency groups in the UK, come on board as a client.
• We donate our first Sunshine Coach in a joint Venture with Robinson Jackson Estate Agents to Baston House School.
• Receive Special Achievement Award from Bromley Education Business Partnership for Work Related Learning.
• We acquire IT Solutions company Daytec Solutions Ltd to strengthen IT offering.
• We are runners up in Kent Mega Growth 50, the top 50 fastest growing companies in Kent.
• Quality brands Gaucho and Swatch are added to our portfolio.
• The mobile division of Charles Street Communications is acquired.
• We enter into a 7-year agreement and become the proud sponsors of Largs Football Club in Scotland.
• Peter Scott-Wilds becomes Vice President of The South East London Chamber of Commerce.
• We receive ‘Highly Commended’ in the Best Medium Sized Business category at the Bromley Business Awards.
• Accredited ISO 9001.
• At the Best Business Awards, we are awarded the Best Medium-Sized Business.
• We are recognised as an Investors in People Organisation.
• We are proud winners at Bromley Business Awards for:
-Best Medium-Sized Business
-Business of the Year
• We are awarded highly Commended for our Commitment to the Community.
• Our client base continues to grow with the addition of Shaw Trust and Jefferies International Bank contracts.
• We become the first Patron of The South East London Chamber of Commerce.
• Owner Peter Scott-Wilds become President of The South East London Chamber of Commerce.
• We donate a Variety Club Sunshine Coach to Kingswood School, Bromley.
• Rochester based Security company 655 Ltd and Refrigeration Company AES Ltd are acquired, widening our services.
• The winning streak continues with Bromley Business Awards:
-Best Medium-Sized Company
-Highly Commended in Commitment to the Community
-Commended in Best Employer
• We are finalists at London Business Awards for Best Medium-Sized Company and Commitment to the Community.
• We are proud to be awarded Investors in People ‘Silver’ accreditation.
• ISO 14001 accreditation is awarded to us.
• At Bromley Business Awards we are awarded:
-Commitment to the Community
-Highly Commended in Best Medium-Sized Business
• We donate our 3rd Variety Club Sunshine Coach to Marian Vian Primary School, Beckenham.
• Accredited OHSAS 18001 to go alongside ISO 9001 & ISO 1400.
• We win at Bromley Business Awards:
-Best Medium-Sized Business
-Highly Commended in Best Employer
• We enter a 3-year sponsorship deal with Sevenoaks Powerchair Football Club.
• Our partnership with The O2 Arena continues for a further 10-years.
• Awarded Safe Contractor accreditation. This is a health & safety accreditation that allows us to showcase our capabilities to potential customers.
• We are commended at Bromley Business Awards:
• We are GOLD! Investors in People award us the prestigious Gold accreditation. Only 16% of organisations achieve Gold.
• Construction giant Lendlease chooses FLR Spectron to provide the infrastructure comms network for one of London’s largest new space developments for over 70 years.
• Gained Achilles Accreditation.
• Introduction of the forest of FLR Spectron. We offset our 2018 carbon footprint, 180 tons of Co2 by planting 991 trees worldwide with our tree nation initiative. To see our forest, click here.
• To help generate awareness, we gave the staff a Christmas tree, which we planted in their honour. It helped drive the environmental message and bring all staff on our tree nation initiative.
• We deployed Microsoft Teams across the company as we transitioned to work remotely due to the pandemic.
• We offset our 2019 carbon footprint, 168 tons of Co2 by planting 921 trees worldwide with our tree nation initiative.
• To set us apart and incorporate our customers in our environmental message, we started to plant trees for new customers, appointments and as thank yous for customers. We wanted them to be a part of the FLR Spectron forest.
• We acquire Norfolk & Goa-based IT companies Anglia and RSS.
• Continue our accreditation with Achilles who were particularly impressed with The Forest of FLR.
• ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 (was OHSAS 18001) certification secured for another 3 years.
• Achilles accreditation completed showcasing our environmental tracker, which was developed in-house.
• Rather than sending Christmas cards this year (they usually end up in landfill), we gifted trees to our clients to plant globally, reducing our carbon footprint.